In memory of my brother. May he rest in peace.
What is alcoholism?
- Alcoholism is a disease characterized by the habitual intake of alcohol.
- Definition of alcoholism is chronic alcohol use to the degree that it interferes with physical or mental health, or with normal social or work behavior.
- Alcoholism is a disease that produces both physical and psychological addiction.
- Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant that reduces anxiety, inhibition, and feelings of guilt.
- It lowers alertness and impairs perception, judgment, and motor coordination. In high doses, it can cause loss of consciousness and even death.
- Alcoholism is a disease that damages the brain, liver, heart, and other organs (short-term, long-term effects of alcohol).
Signs and Symptoms
Spotting the signs and symptoms of alcoholism is not always easy.
Alcoholism is a disease that can be seen through drinking-related arrests or job loss, but they tend to happen late in the disease.
Many signs occur earlier, yet are…
View original post 3,170 more words