“It’s not a disability, it’s a different ability”
ADHD – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, a condition with symptoms such as inattentiveness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity..
ADHD was formerly called ADD, or attention deficit disorder.
Both children and adults can have ADHD, but the symptoms always begin in childhood.
What is ADHD?
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common mental disorders affecting children.
- ADHD also affects many adults.
- An estimated 5 percent of children and 2.5 percent of adults have ADHD.
- ADHD is often first identified in school-aged children when it leads to disruption in the classroom or problems with schoolwork.
- It can also affect adults.
- It is more common among boys than girls.
Symptoms of ADHD include:
- inattention (not being able to keep focus)
- hyperactivity (excess movement that is not fitting to the setting)
- impulsivity (hasty acts that occur in the moment without thought).
View original post 800 more words