I missed yesterday. As they say, better late than never. This is my Lulu. More stats to increase the awareness.
Who is Affected by Depression?
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO),350 million people of all ages worldwide suffer from depression.
- The NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) estimates that in the United States, 16 million adults had at least one major depressive episode in 2012. That’s 6.9 percent of the population.
- Depression is a leading cause of disability. ~Jan 28, 2015
- Depression is a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease.
- More women are affected by depression than men.
- Depression causes people to lose pleasure from daily life, can complicate other medical conditions, and can even be serious enough to lead to suicide.
- Depression can occur to anyone, at any age, and to people of any race or ethnic group. Depression is never a “normal” part of life, no matter what your age, gender or health situation.
- While the majority of individuals with depression have…
View original post 894 more words