This book was a free read of the month from Amazon Prime. Here is my Goodreads, non-spoiler review: Crime fiction at its finest. The psychology of it all was fascinating. What are we capable of? What’s considered normal? Those were part of the theme.
I also have some decent quotes for my commonplace book.
- “Genetics loaded the gun, environment pulled the trigger.“
- “We need people in our lives who don’t expect us to be anything but what we are”
- ” … how much she hated the word “honestly”—believing no person who was actually acting honestly would need to say it.”
- “Psychopaths read power the way empaths could read body language. Instinctually.”
- “Youth had a way of making secrets seem delectable rather than the rotting things age helped you see that they were.”
I want to read Dr. Gretchen White #2 when it comes out. As a character, she is fascinating. Though fictional, I know of a few folks like her in real life.
As always, more to come.