Keeping with an animal theme, I’m still using our baby bird instead of my frantic Llama/Sheep/Alpaca for my feature image. He served his purpose during the Rona daze but we’re past that right? Say right. Puhleese.
First and foremost, HaPpY Father’s Day to all the daddies out there. I’m missing mine something fierce. Smiling at the memories and living in the present by celebrating B and PoPo with a take-out Bar-B-Q extravaganza from Rudy’s Country Store … The Worst Bar-B-Q in Texas.
This past Friday, for the first time in forever, I picked up Casa de Jalisco take out without my mask. Felt odd to say the least. But I’m fully marinated, it was drive through, and we were six feet apart except when I reached over to hand my card for payment. The cashier did not have a mask on either. Hope she is fully marinated too but such is life. We’ll never know because we can’t ask.
When in close proximity, I’m choosing to continue masking it up. Which means last night at Pony’s early b-day swaray, we had masks on except when we were eating. Uh duh Jilly, of course you have to unmask to eat. The rest of the place was about a 50/50 split mask-wise. I mentioned about another trek out for PoPo and MoMo’s anniversary. That experience had mixed reviews. Last night felt a little more like normal, if normal is such a thing.
Hmm, I notice a trend that much of what we do centers around eating … Oh well. Y.O.L.O!
Alrighty, I’m moving to the reverse roll call …
- Saturday 6/19/21 – #SoCS fun with hat/het/hit/hot/hut. That Linda, she’s the best!
- Friday 6/18/21 – Friday Book Club, where I went fan girl crazy over Eric Jerome Dickey’s book The Son of Mr. Shulman
- Thursday 6/17/21 – Thoughts about the workplace with a musical interlude that snapped me out of the doldrums even if momentarily …
- Wednesday 6/16/21 – #1linerWeds. sticking with our guy Al
- Tuesday 6/15/21 – Share Your World – Melanie keeps putting ’em up and we keep knocking ’em out. Sharing is caring, truly it is!!!
- Monday 6/14/21 – Haiku over at Ronovan’s Place.
- Sunday 6/13/21 – #SLS hosted by Jim and Tidbits car trouble, driving Miss Daisy, mixed in with baking memories
Peace y’all. Until next time. Stay safe.
As always, more to come.