Good morning folks! I’m sitting here sipping on coffee in between typing out a lookback of the past week. I’m deep in thought as usual. If I’m awake, I’m thinking. After a whirlwind little episode at Office Max yesterday, Pony called my state of mind intrusive thoughts. He tells me there is a HBO show about it, that maybe I should watch. Uh no, have you met me yet? I definitely do not need to watch a show that will add to this idiosyncrasy. What I want to do is get a handle on things.
With that, here is last week’s roll call. Without a single tidbit rant this past week. How’s that for improvement? Except just because I didn’t write about the whirling dervishes, doesn’t mean there weren’t any.
- Sunday May 9, Mother’s Day!! For #SLS I used the Cure’s Just Like Heaven. I was quiet most of the day. Mother’s Day without a momma is hard. B and the kids made me brunch which was lovely. And quiet is good.
- Monday May 10, Haiku time. The prompt words were High & Relief. I’d like to be high to get some relief. I spent all day Monday waiting for biopsy results that didn’t come.
- Tuesday May 11, Share Your World takes center stage. This prompt from the lovely Melanie comes out on Mondays but I cannot seem to answer the same day. I learn so much from this share. Other folks in bloglandia are pretty creative and interesting. After reading the entries, I often rethink some of my own.
- Wednesday May 12, #1linerWeds. I am sticking for Einstein quotes for the foreseeable future. His perals of wisdom usually put things into perspective for me really helping my mood.
- Thursday May 13, Thursday Thoughts still no biopsy results but no news is good news typically. After my CT scan, they called me within two hours to schedule the follow up. As I sat around waiting on Thursday, I kept telling myself that I’d already know if things were bad. I had found out the day of the procedure that the blood tests were all good. Step one toward knowing what this whatever this is would be solved.
- Friday May 14, Book Club time. After a brief Rona induced hiatus, I got my mojo back and could read again. My goal was to read one book a month in 2021. So far I have read 14. Her Final Words was the selection reviewed.
- Saturday May 15, #SoCS was all about growth. Our garden is back in full swing. I even used some photo real estate to post some pictures. I’m at 70% capacity. And I’m not paying for more space. I am going to delete some pics and then some of my prior galleries will go offline. That’s okay in the spirit of be in the present.
I never got a call as I was promised but yesterday I got an email that there was a message in my patient portal. I looked right away and my results are good. Yipee!! Except we are back to square one. We know what this isn’t, not what this is. The doc had told me if the CT came back negative she was going to put me on the lowest dose of an old tricyclic antidepressant that doubles as pain relief. But the CT came back showing “stuff” now ruled out as nothing. I guess the meds are back on the table. I hope I get a call from the nurse come Monday.
And with that, I am off to curbside pickup of our weekly groceries. Second week in a row that our order was delayed. Last week the wait went well over an hour. The kids think maybe the store is cutting back to get people inside again. With the new CDC guidelines on masks and the household being fully vaccinated, maybe we’ll kick curbside to the curb? If we have another week like this one, that is. Alrighty, lemme let ya go.
Peace y’all. Until next time. Stay safe.
As always, more to come.