The first week of May was a good one for the most part. Some sadness occurred as my dear friend/former co-worker was laid to rest after her fierce battle with cancer. A celebration of life was held and the family is inspirational in how they are dealing with their grief. L was one of a kind. I know people say that alot, too much to where you might not believe it but in her case, it’s true. The strength she drew from in her final days, showed she was thinking of others before herself until the very end. Makes me think only the good die young is the reality.
This week’s roll call is only the usual suspects due to the wrap up of A2Z. Without further ado, let’s get crackalackin.
- Sunday May 2 – #SLS I picked We Built This City and then I asked Why Not Me? my nerves were working overtime. Reminds me to call the therapist EAP found for me. On my to-do list for this week.
- Monday May 3 – Haiku – Red & White had me thinking I was Snow White
- Tuesday May 4 – Share Your World is still top of my list! Keeps the hounds at bay. I also took some time to reflect on AtoZ.
- Wednesday May 5 – One liner Einstein style and a second post caused by nerves that had to come out. Little did I know when I used Woman and Sheep by Kiki Smith as my Tidbits feature image that I would find another gem at the McNay yesterday. Kiki Smith is my spirit sister. I’m telling ya what! She also did the porcelain Woman with Arm Raised. I snapped a pic but since I am running out of space, it may be some time before I get it off my phone into a usable format. Still in my mind’s eye, this find is FANTASTIC!
- Thursday May 6 – The usual Thursday Thoughts. This week the topic was health insurance.
- Friday May 7 – Book Club – my shortest non-spoiler review yet. A rough read.
- Saturday May 8 – #SoCS we looked to the left. Then I wrote about my Best Night’s Sleep before Lulu Belle and I spent the morning at the McNay. We arrived before the doors opened to allow time to stroll through the gardens before becoming the first customers inside. Masks required indoors along with social distancing. Good thing we got there early because the crowds came quickly making the distancing part harder to maintain.
I’ll write more about our visit in a separate post in the coming days. For now lemme let ya go. Until next time, wishing you the best!!
As always, more to come.