Cheers to Cinco de Mayo!
Things never come out of my head onto virtual paper the way I think they will making it hard to follow me. Today I am going to use bullet points …
- I had to go in for more blood work yesterday, nothing stirs the worry more than blood work for cancer markers
- No need to worry, this is standard and precautionary
- The CT does NOT show cancer
- The CT doesn’t show enough of anything which is why the second test is needed
- Stick to your lists and plans that the EAP lady gave you
- They help, they truly help
I tried to be helpful and told the phlebotomist about my soft wide easy to stick vein that John the FR told me about. Since I was still bruised, she went to the other arm. Before I knew it, she was drawing my blood. She said “yep I see what he means but when you’re as good as I am you can get blood from anything”. Score!
This morning I received an email about lab results in my patient Portal. I stayed away. Yep I sure did. No one screens this stuff. I will just find out Friday at the appointment. I admit I was tempted but I resisted. Doing so actually helped alleviate my anxiety. Imagine that?!?? lol Plus no one from the office called me. If it was bad news they’d call right?
Ah who cares?!? I’m going to make my liquid lunch for tomorrow. Jell-o that is … kind of solid but not really … qualifies as liquid for this purpose anyway.
As always, more to come.