The #SoCS prompt was rib which generated a couple of Adam and Eve entries. These entries got me thinking about a theme song. I remembered bits and pieces of the words but the name of the show and song escaped me. Here’s what I knew for sure:
- I was injured in a motorcycle accident during Battle of Flowers weekend of my 6th grade year (this is important because it helped me time stamp what I was looking for).
- I missed several days of school.
- Because I was convalescing my parents let me have the TV in my room.
- I had my nights and days mixed up and I would stay up very late.
- The show came on after Mary Hartman Mary Hartman.
- The show was controversial. I remember vividly being anxious that I’d get caught and be in big trouble for watching it. Same with “Soap” but I watched it too.
Then wah la. “All That Glitters” popped into my head. Norman Lear pushing the envelope. Anyone else recall this gem?
Blasphemy but go on and listen anyway.
One morning the Lord she woke up to say I feel like I wanna be creative today
So by a virtue of the power I have invested in me
I make the heaven the earth and the deep blue sea
Things that swim, fly, walk, fly, creep and crawl
Now I better make someone to name them all
Yes human was needed in the neighborhood
So the lord made woman and it was good
She said the Garden of Eden is no place to be alone
And from the rib of a Madame came Adam full grown
As time went by these two went right
They followed the instructions and multiplied
While she administered the government he crocheted
She wore the male
He wore the veil
Her head was crowned
His feet were bound
He’d concubine and walk behind
She was a pardon the expression a mastermind
So is it any wonder why the men complain since from the dawn of time it’s been a woman’s domain
Weird how our minds work.
As always, more to come.