Rant time! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Calgon take me away. I need a break y’all. Truly I do! and today I get one. And Saturday and Sunday too. I am going to release the hounds and then forget about everything. This shall otherwise be known as purge in written form.
Half the day is gone and I have marked quite a few to-dos off my list. It’s a working break y’all to get through my “at home” list since I have been deferring in favor of my paying gig. Which is good by the way. Busy and keeping me sane actually. My day job distracts and is one place I feel some semblance of control. Which I know is not “real” as opposed to “fake” life. Control is just an illusion.
B is around here too … somewhere … outside trimming as I hear a faint buzzing sound.
What’s marked off –
- Dogs heart wormed, refills purchased, rebate submitted
- House cleaned
- Groceries for next week 1/2 purchased
- Food prepped for Saturday’s and Sunday’s shindigs
- Medical claim disputed and settled – subject of another boring med meat market post to follow if I can ever land the plane
- Property Tax Appraisal protest request submitted online for an old school in yo face protest. I have my evidence y’all!!!
- Auto loan refinance preliminaries done but still mulling over what to actually do
What’s still worrying me –
- Health – mental, physical, emotional
- Under-employment – this is a step up in my mood actually
- B isn’t un-employed exactly
- Things are just sloooowww
- Divorce (not us)
- State of the world
- All facets of my children’s lives of which I have removed myself because they are adults <gasp>
- My recent ticket – what a waste and shame on me
Though all isn’t lost. I felt such a sense of peace come over me while driving back home after getting my FREE customer service appreciation drink from QT. As I pulled up into our driveway and parked my paid off car at my paid off house, I took notice of my surroundings. I almost NEVER do that. I usually RUSH. Not today y’all, it’s vacay.
The sky is the brightest blue. The field is a lush green and sprinkled with yellow wildflowers. Looks like a polished postcard. But nope, this is real time live. And I realize, I got nothing … to worry or complain about.
As always, more to come.