Tonight was Fun with a capital F!
We tried something different this month. We each picked our own book 📚 and then gave a synopsis. As you all know I’m constantly looking to add to my TBR queue. Here’s our list:
- Crimson Lake by Candice Fox
- Death of a Prankster by M.C. Beaton
- Mama Makes Up Her Mind: And Other Dangers of Southern Living by Bailey White
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon
- Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott
- Winterdance by Gary Paulsen
- Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Under Heavens Shining Star by Jean Granger
Our librarian is the best. She made a slide show with our picks and added some quotes she found online. If available, she included videos. The book to movie route is prolific.
So what did I learn? Well variety is the spice of life. My fellow book club participants are wicked smart. I (by association) am becoming better. And lastly, I learned the term dildo was coined way before 1876. Seriously.
Who knew? Now you all do. If you’d like to know more about Calamity Jane and her proclivities read Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton. Lol. That’s the book that’s up next for me.
So many books, so little time.
As always more to come.