The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community. Now here I go … gonna act all Sally Field for a moment. I am after all the queen comma drama as my dear friend used to say. Thank you Laura for the nomination.
Peeps check out her blog here: https://alltheshoesiwear.wordpress.com/ you’ll be glad you did.
I one J-Dub McGillicutty will honor these rules partially. Cuz in addition to being a queen of the dramatic nature, I’m a rule breaker. And here they are in all their glory:
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you. – Check, see above and go visit Laura.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. Here is the partial part. I do not know 11 people. Well, you say that’s a cotton picking lie. But nope cuz I am being figurative – the opposite of literal. Or I am taking liberties as they say. More specifically, I don’t know 11 people who will play along. I will however list 11 new questions and anyone can join in. My comments section is always open for bidness. Harlot!
- Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post. Check
- What’s your favorite thing about your blog? That writing takes me away to that special place. Oh, oh, oh sweet child o’ mine. Yes everything is a song lyric to me. GnR rock on. Though Mr. Rose does disgust me – a blog for another day and my opine only.
- Of the posts you’ve written, which is your favorite? No way to choose really so I will have to say this one.
- You have the chance to be any movie or book character of your choice, who do you choose? Towanda from Fried Green Tomatoes so I can purposefully hit another car with my car and say “let’s face it girls, I am older and I have more insurance” lol 🙂
- What is your favourite book or story and why? I LOVE all books even the crappy ones. Why? because the written word has saved some souls. If I have to choose, I will go with The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- What would your best friend tell me about you? She talks a lot.
- What is the story behind your blog name? I began with musings and ramblings or vice versa cuz that’s what I do but there are too many musers and ramblers out there. In a desperate attempt to be unique, I changed to J-Dub’s Grin and Bear It because that’s my name and that’s what I do. Every day y’all, so exhausting 🙂
- What’s one of your most embarrassing or funniest moments? I wore two different shoes to work. Same style just different colors. One was black, the other navy. I wasn’t embarrassed but I laughed.
- Name 3 songs that characterize you. Still Standing by Elton John, Don’t Stop Believing by Journey and Crazy Train by the one, the only Ozzy Osbourne
- What is your most sentimental keepsake? My mother’s wedding ring set
- Name one thing on your bucket list? Build our little cabin in the woods. Casa de Dub 2.0.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Nothing, pride is a venial sin. Did I get that right dearly departed mom and dad? Hmm, nope. I think pride is a mortal sin. Either way, I am not proud of anything I’ve accomplished.
Your questions should you choose to participate:
- Breakfast or no breakfast?
- Hot Dogs or Hamburgers?
- Taco Bell or McDonalds?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Tattoos or Piercings?
- Boxers or Briefs?
- Book or Kindle?
- Car or Truck?
- Mansion or Farm House?
- Riches or Happiness?
- Coffee or Tea?
As always, more to come.