Me first: I keep a notepad and a pen with me when I’m reading my books. That’s a throwback from middle school when every time I found a word I didn’t know I wrote it down to look up in the dictionary later.
Do you remember the dictionary? It was that big old book that little kids used to sit on to be tall enough to reach the table. The one thing I will say I love about my Kindle is the built-in dictionary. Primo! Otherwise paper books to me are back in vogue.
With this book though instead of writing words I didn’t know, I wrote quotes that made me laugh or otherwise struck a cord with me. L = Lisa the mom and F= Francesca the daughter. Warning ⚠️ I relate more to the mom so I’ve got more mom quotes. None of the following are mine – source has been cited in title above. Here are some faves in no particular order:
- Web M.D. is my online porn.
- At her annual book club. I’m a hugger. It takes 2 1/2 hours to hug 1200 people.
- Either we need more in love or we’re giving more in love but either way this is a miraculous and wonderful improvement for all mankind womankind and book kind.
- The reason I not only read books but write them is to connect with people. Highest and best purposes of the arts – nurturance, happiness and love in that human connection.
- Facebook is used to lie to friends. Twitter is used to tell the truth to strangers. Word! Twitter is a free way for geniuses and knuckleheads alike to express themselves constantly refreshing comments section for a good or ill.
- I’m a B and a C that I’m not a W. B equals bulletproof C equals confident capable and cute.
- Breasts aren’t girls, girls have breasts. I know I took AP bio.
- Generally a bra-less middle-aged woman is not being followed. Anywhere!
- I’m just riding around on my bike without a bra woo hoo
- I know that sounds totally wrong, but I read it on the Internet, so you know it’s 100% correct. When it comes to medical information the Internet is always dead on.
- I don’t even know why we have doctors anymore oh right, we don’t.
- All the arts are connected, his lyrics are poetry and poetry is certainly literature.
- I’m an expert on outdated slang. You go girl!
- I’m going to get me a hula hoop.
- Prioritizing our pursuits is part of adult life, and not everything makes the cut. Certain interests get demoted to hobby or shelved forever.
- Networking is the worst. I like people and I’m out going, but I like connecting on a real level… I make friends. I don’t make contacts.
- The entire chapter on why F loves NYC. Get out the tissues.
Verdict remains read this book!