I remembered in June that I wanted to post an anniversary edition on July 3rd to commemorate my one year anniversary on Word Press. My site was originally named Musings and Ramblings or Ramblings and Musings … I forget which. Eventually this little gem became the behemoth that is J-Dub’s Grin and Bear It.
Behemoth! Haha! I slay me. Grin and Bear It is tiny. In the big scheme of things anyway. I just like to use big words.
Anyhoo, here is where I would insert <my stats > to show my growth. And to show how behemoth I am. If it mattered. Do I protest too much? Because … it matters! Of course it matters!!!
J-Dub’s Grin and Bear It
Stats As Of
July 3, 2016 to July 9, 2017 @ 2:30 PM CST
- 402 Followers
- Without YOU I am nothing or am I something else alright?!?
- I was ecstatic to hit the big 50 so over 400 followers … my mind is blown
- DRAMATIC bow and courtesy – thank you, thank you, thank you!
- 14,505 Views
- What does that mean? Time someone looked at my site or a post or either, both or neither??
- I’m really asking. Anyone know?
- 5,703 Visitors
- Come on by and sit a spell … I love company
- 6,762 Likes
- When I got that first email saying so and so thought my post was awesome and to check out their blog, I about keeled over
- I did! Actually I swooned because it’s called swooning when you faint from extreme emotion
- 1,860 Comments
- Your comments are worth more than gold
- I will beg for comments and continually try to entice you into playing along
- C’mon, you know you want to and here I offer a safe space
- 663 Posts
- From my brain to the virtual world
- You’ve saved me
- from the empty nest
- by providing an outlet for
- my zany thoughts, worries, hopes, dreams and fears
- Sweet free therapy (my poetry is not the best but I think even I could do something with SWEET FREE THER-A-PY!)
“Once you get your feelings down on paper, you’ll be able to move on. You’ll be able to think through your emotions. You’ll find closure”
By Quinn – character created by Mary Kubica
Then I promptly forgot and missed the date. Doh! That’s happening much more frequently lately. Too many things on my mind vs. the alternative which we will not speak of as this is a happy uplifting story. Plus, better late than never. Am I right? To which you think, maybe J-Dub … if you entertain us. Well did I? <yet another shameless attempt to get comments> FEED ME Seymour, FEED ME!
You see after a very lame attempt in August of 2015, I let the blog go dormant. If someone asks, as they occasional do, for my first post, I dig up August 2015. But and it’s a BIG but, that doesn’t count.
All links are active … those above and those below. I wish I had more pictures and maybe a video or two. However, I am a technical dweeb and stumble along the site … Occassionally sprucing up the place and adding new categories.
As always, more to come.