I had no idea how to tag this … 14 to Infinity, Life, Music To My Ears, or Sing Along Song of the Day so, I tagged them ALL.
Last night, Wednesday June 14, 2017 in the year of our Lord, Metallica came back to San Antonio, Texas. WorldWired Tour 2017! Fuck yea!!! Take a peek at this San Antonio Current Article.
I got tickets way back when before they sold out to surprise Billy Bob. He was not surprised. His mom broke him and he says that he is done with everything. That my friends is a downer and a story for another day. Anyway, I had planned to go with Lulu instead but that too is a story for another day. Enter Sandman (I hear tell that is how they closed out the show) Errr … I mean Enter Pony Boy.
My son-shine, first-born loves Metallica. I used to joke “is it bad that my 3-year-old knows all the words to One and Enter Sandman?” Because he did, at age 3!!!! He used to think Sad But True was Sad Patrol and he’d sing along at the top of his lungs. We never corrected him. It was cute and to this day when I hear Metallica – Sad But True, I too sing along “Sad Patrol” at the top of my lungs.
Anyway, I offered him my tickets; I just could not see them going to waste. I took the tickets to him Sunday and Lulu stayed for a long visit. When I worry about them not being close since they are 9 1/2 years apart, I have to remember days like Sunday. Anyway, Pony was going to attend with his buddy B Bomb. Turns out B Bomb just saw them in Houston. He was going to go again but when Pony found out who was opening act, last-minute, he told his buddy, you’re out and Wise is in.
And today I called to get my re-cap of the show. I had to hear it straight from him! That’s our thing. I was the cool mom who took him and friends to Ozzfest for his 15th birthday. Later, he used to download me on all the concerts he attended. I kind of missed that.
- Show itself spectacular. A lot of songs from the Black Album. I will be hunting YouTube for some big four drum thing they did in the middle of the show.
- Good seats, huge screens where they played videos like military clips during One, Cliff in memorial while Robert played Burton’s epic base solo to Pulling Teeth (I would have flipped my lid!!!!!!!)
- Pyrotechnics that burned his face (not literally) but he could feel the heat.
The in Between:
- They ran out of cups for beer … not that they cared since beer was $8 bucks a pop. They stuck with non-alcoholic beverages.
- Food sucked, only stale popcorn since Wise did not have her epi-pen, they had to be careful.
- $20 to park … in some guys front yard … on Cherry Street. Locals know about Cherry Street. The Alamodome parking lot was exclusive to those with pre-paid parking passes. Had I known I would have got one … I didn’t.
- He did not get my text on the clear bag rule so they had to return to car to drop Wise’s purse and then go back again in 100 degree heat.
- When they left, it was hell getting home because of the way traffic was routed. Better than drop off / pick up. Wife of a work friend waited over 2 hours to pick her husband from the drop off. She got there at 11:30 … you do the math 🙂
I was having a little seller’s remorse about giving away MY tickets but now I am grinning ear to ear. Strolling down memory lane. Rock on wit ur bad selves.
As always, more to come.